Posts Tagged ‘ poison ’

Cocoa Bean Mulch Is Toxic To Dogs

June 29, 2011
By

Cocoa bean mulch is the product left over from the roasting of the cocoa bean.  Lately, some landscapers have used it as an environmentally friendly garden mulch.  Cocoa mulch contains theobromines which is the same toxin that is in chocolate.  However, it is found in much higher concentrations in cocoa bean mulch.  Dogs seem to find...

Read more »

Dogs Can Die From Eating Sugar Free Gum

June 6, 2011
By

Yes, this can happen!  Xylitol is a sugar substitute sweetener used in candy, sugar- free  chewing gum, and foods.  It is also being included in  some toothpastes.  Dogs that accidentally ingest  the xylitol in these products suffer severe life threatening consequences and can die without emergency veterinary medical treatment. The immediate effect of ingestion is to...

Read more »

Grapes and Raisins are Poisonous to Dogs!!

June 3, 2011
By

Over the past few years the National Animal Poison Control Center (NAPCC) has documented numerous cases of sudden kidney failure caused by the ingestion of grapes or raisins by dogs.  There appears to be a substance in the flesh of the grape that is harmful to the kidneys.  Not all dogs are susceptible but those...

Read more »

Sign Up For Our Hospital Newsletter

Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Visit our hospital website:

Follow Us!